DevOps popularity is continuously growing. A lot of companies already implemented DevOps services and a lot want to do it. Today we will talk about DevOps definition, advantages of this technology and necessity of DevOps transformation in your company.
Definition and benefits
DevOps is an approach to software development that combines the Development (Dev) and Operations (Ops) components. Also, there is a Quality Assurance (QA) team. So, the DevOps approach works like a collaboration between developers, QA engineers and IT Operations. This approach gives great flexibility to all systems because of processes automatization and between team cohesiveness.
Advantages of DevOps implementation
DevOps transformation can bring next benefits for your company:
- Faster releases. You need to react to market changes, so the faster you can do it, the more competitive is your company. DevOps lifecycle includes Continuous Delivery of software, which means the uninterrupted process of development, testing, and deployment. So, you can make fast releases and make time-to-market shorter.
- Cost efficiency. DevOps methodology implements automation into project creation, which accelerates development and allows us to respond to customer’s requests quickly. As a result, you do not waste time on extra tasks.
- Quality improvement. Automated processes, like tests and deployment, will highly increase the quality of your product on each stage.
How DevOps services work and why do you need them?
As we said, DevOps will help you reduce expenses, increase the frequency of new releases and bug fixes, accelerate time-to-market and improve the reliability of your IT services.
DevOps philosophy based on the next principles:
- Continuous Integration (CI). There is a main shared repository in which developers automatically merge their blocks of code (once they pass the automated unit and integrity tests) to have the ability to always work with the actual code version. This is called Continuous Integration and it is one of the most important things in DevOps methodology.
- Continuous Testing. You need to automatize the testing process for the correct work of CI. Developers write code and after passing the tests, it will be pushed to the main repository. Thus you need a high-quality automated unit and integrity testing on each step.
- Continuous Deployment. This is an automated process of software delivery. Validated features can be immediately delivered to the end-users after successfully passing the tests. This process dramatically increases the speed of new releases.
- Continuous Monitoring. All listed processes need fulltime-monitoring and cloud logging. It allows to track all changes, find errors and bugs, and fix them quickly. At the same time, you get feedback from customers and end-users. That helps to understand the way for further development.
Conclusion: how to make DevOps transformation?
So, you already understand what is DevOps and why do you need its implementation and the last question is how to do it. You should find a reliable Manager Service Provider (MSP). Such companies provide a full cycle of DevOps services and can get you an experienced dedicated team for your project. To choose a reliable MSP, pay attention to feedback from previous customers and the ratings on different platforms and resources. A reliable provider will answer all your questions and get you the best solution for your company.